Guadalajara Daily Photo

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Reloj no marques las horas...


A lot of things you could say about the Government Palace of the State of Jalisco: the original building is from 1650 and inside you can find beautiful murals of the artist Jose Clemente Orozco, one of them is specially famous by being in the covers of elementary school text books. Also, here is the place where Miguel Hidalgo signed the decree to abolish slavery during the Independence War and the congress of the stated used to work here since 1873 to 1982.

The important thing about this building (and this post) is that little hole in the clock. My mom used to tell me that during the Revolution a bullet crossed the clock and it never stops working, I don't know if that is true 'cause I've never found anything about it, but when I was little, it was a good story.
posted by Yanit at 12:50 PM

1 Comments:

I LOVE your references to Mexican songs, from this one to cri-cri!

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home