Guadalajara Daily Photo

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Escuela Brutalista


This is an example of the Brutalist architecture, a movement from the 70s that was all over the world, and Guadalajara was not the exception.

The building, named "Edificio Mexico" is located in the junction of Mexico Avenue and Francisco Rojas Gonzalez street. It was designed by Félix Aceves, a Mexican Architecture. Today is empty but it will be the new administration building for the system of TV and Radio for the Goverment of Jalisco, the state where Guadalajara is the capital.
posted by Dennys Sanborns (AKA Juan Cabeza de Vaca) at 12:37 PM

11 Comments:

the building looks like a giant kicked the side.

2:45 PM  

I remember this building. I loved it when I first saw it. It's just up the street from the JP II Institute. It feels so funny, in a great way, to see you post pics of places I have seen.

You have a great city.

6:05 PM  

I like the building. It's different, but that's not a bad thing. I bet it's strange to be inside of it where the windows are at an angle.

7:37 PM  

Do you know when was it built? I know the building but nothing about it.

11:09 PM  

I never heard about this term "Brutalist architecture" but I think it's really cool. At last something "different"!

7:34 AM  

Hi Dennys,

I'm a new city daily photo blogger and I just looked over your site, the music is fabulous. I think you would like this band that I like, just passing the word...

http://www.chicksonspeed.com/tv.html

My photo blog in Atlanta, GA:

www.atlantadailyphoto.com

7:50 AM  

I had never seen that building... when I lived in Guadalajara I was mostly in the area between ITESO and La Minerva.
=(

9:29 AM  

The architectural style is aptly named! I feel like I'm on drugs when I look at that building.

10:15 AM  

What crazy architechtural styling...made me wonder if I was sober for a minute.

j.

11:17 AM  

Amazing! Very informative. Thanks.

1:59 PM  

I think I love it. But then again, I could hate it. Like the building, it's not clear which way I'm going...! Very nice blog!

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home